Drug addiction is a chronic disorder that can negatively affect an individual psychologically, physically, and spiritually. Addiction — also referred to as substance use disorder (SUD) — involves a complex and challenging road to recovery, causing mental distress, physical discomfort, and occasional relapses. Treatment for this disorder is a dynamic process that works toward long-term recovery.
Depending on the extent and duration of an individual’s addiction and withdrawal symptoms, they could significantly benefit from drug rehab. Seeking professional care through the early stages of recovery can provide clients with regular monitoring, support, and encouragement during this time. In drug rehab, staff members assist clients through the necessary steps for healing from the effects of addiction. This could include many different treatment and therapy modalities to increase a client’s confidence and ability to cope with stressful situations.
Drug Rehab at Laguna Shores Recovery
Recovering from this disorder requires an individual to take necessary steps for healing from the effects that addiction has had on their lives. A physician or drug rehab specialist strategically lays out such measures to ensure the client receives the most effective treatment for their recovery needs.
Laguna Shores Recovery offers detox treatment and residential treatment programs designed to treat the damage inflicted to the body, mind, and spirit. Our rehab addiction specialists and medical professionals have been trained, qualified, and accredited to actively participate in the treatment process and design care plans for each client.
Through treatment at Laguna Shores Recovery, our clients receive a personalized treatment plan tailored to their needs. This individualized approach reassures them that they are not just going through a system of standardized steps but receiving patient-centered care explicitly designed for them.
When recovering from drug and alcohol addiction, clients may suffer both physical and mental symptoms of withdrawal that can make it very difficult to abstain from relapse. In drug rehab, clients can have these symptoms addressed and treated by professionals, providing a sense of hope for the outcome of their recovery while reassuring them that they are not alone through this challenging time.
Detox Treatment Program
Clients in detox treatment receive 24/7 care and monitoring to ensure a safe recovery from drug or alcohol addiction. Physical withdrawal symptoms — especially in cases of alcohol or benzodiazepines — can be dangerous and have the potential to cause lasting damage to an individual’s organs. Being under the supervision of professionals allows an individual to recover from these symptoms without being tempted to relapse.
In some cases, medically-assisted treatment may be necessary to prevent dangerous symptoms like seizures, convulsions, hallucinations, or sleep disturbances. Drug detox at Laguna Shores Recovery begins with a client evaluation to determine the best course of action in treatment and address any problematic symptoms of withdrawal.
This assessment includes an evaluation of a client’s:
- Medical history
- Duration and extent of drug use and addiction
- Family history of addiction
- Previously exhibited symptoms of withdrawal
- Co-occurring disorders
Our detox program at Laguna Shores Recovery is provided in a full medical facility accredited by the Joint Commission and certified by the DHCS, making our clients feel safe knowing their health is our priority.
The psychological effects of addiction can last long after detox treatment. During residential treatment, clients live at the facility and receive treatment through addiction therapies and activities that will better prepare them for life in long-term recovery.
Our staff at Laguna Shores Recovery warmly welcomes each client into our facility and makes them feel like part of our family. Through group therapies and activities, our clients form lifelong, positive bonds that provide support and reassurance even after graduating from our program.
Residential treatment for drug addiction could involve treatments and therapies to heal, such as:
- Sleep disturbances
- Feelings of hopelessness and low self-esteem
- Relationship challenges
- Poor coping mechanisms and stress management
During both detox and residential treatment for addiction, clients at Laguna Shores Recovery will receive 24/7 care and assistance for the challenges they face in recovery. These challenges can be multi-faceted and deeply rooted, requiring professional guidance and assistance to treatment and prevention.
Laguna Shores offers evidence-based treatment modalities for the recovery of drug or alcohol addiction, including:
- Psychotherapy: Psychotherapy, or “talk therapy,” uses practices like CBT, DBT, and experiential therapies to treat the more intimate issues surrounding addiction. Psychotherapy involves a client and their therapist meeting in a safe, encouraging environment where they can discuss and work through the deeper connections of addiction, trauma, co-occurring disorders, and more.
- Group Therapy: This form of therapy can be facilitated by peers or a clinician and involves a group of recovering addicts sharing their challenges and triumphs. This can be an opportunity to receive support and encouragement and battle feelings of isolation or loneliness in recovery.
- Family Therapy: Genetics and environmental elements are the main risk factors in the development of addiction. Family therapy can help a therapist better understand their client’s needs in recovery by bringing awareness to their history of addiction.
- Dual-Diagnosis: The presence of co-occurring disorders can make the stress of drug and alcohol recovery unmanageable. Through dual-diagnosis treatment, clients can learn to manage both disorders to ensure a full recovery that heals their bodies and minds.
- Holistic Modalities: Activities like yoga and meditation have proven great tools for combatting stress and receiving restful sleep in addiction recovery. Developing healthy coping mechanisms is critical in preventing relapse.
- Experiential: Fighting boredom can be challenging in recovery, especially after treatment. Experiential therapies like art, music, adventure, and animal therapy can open a client’s mind to new passions and interests and encourage finding purpose.
Drug rehab is often a complex and extensive treatment that involves many different therapies and activities meant to heal the whole person from the damaging effects of drug or alcohol addiction. Laguna Shores Recovery offers individualized treatment plans for our clients to receive care that fits their needs. Call us today to learn more at (866) 229-9923.